Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Reply, from God.

It was a busy Monday morning. Time was close to 9 a.m and I was preparing myself to go through the morning rush. Its hectic out there!
As I was heading for my tooth brush this news in the Education Plus magazine of The Hindu daily stuck into my eyes.

“A challenging task ahead for Anna University.”

“Well, that was something that I had already said many times to myself”, I thought.


I went through the news and its content really really really made up my day; especially, the line that said,


“Realising that the Anna University, Chennai, could not make a head start for the mammoth task ahead without an effective academician-cum-administrator as Vice Chancellor, the bill has a clause to send home the incumbent vice chancellor who is on a one-year extension.”

You must be wondering why I am so against him.
Here is why......














A request made to the VC, Anna University....
--------------------------------
From,
Sreeram R Warrier,
TANCET 2010 Registration No: 11323311,
TANCET 2010 Application No: 31824.

To,
The Vice Chancellor,
Anna University,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu.


Respected Sir,

Sub:- Counseling/Admission for M.E through TANCET during the year 2010- reg.
Ref:- Call Letter No: 6171/EA4/TANCA/2010

Kind attention is invited to the reference cited, copy of which is attached herewith.

My name is Sreeram R Warrier and I earned my B.Tech degree from Rajiv Gandhi Institute Of Technology under Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala during the year 2002 with Register No: 18600 (as on the final semester marklist). I have nearly 8 years of combined industrial experience in Digital Signal Processing and Embedded systems and currently I am working as Senior Software Design Engineer at Visteon Corporation Chennai, an MNC in automotive domain.

I have appeared for the above mentioned Entrance test and scored 54.214% marks and a rank of 27. I was asked to be present at the counseling centre on 18-8-2010 with the required documents but I was not able to produce my Transfer Certificate during the same. All the remaining documents were produced and were verified for their authenticity by the authorities at the counseling centre. I have informed the authorities that there was not enough time to fetch the Transfer Certificate from my native as I received the Counseling letter in hand only on 15-8-2010. I also informed them that it will be produced within a week’s time. But they did not listen to my claim and offered me the options of either being adjudged as Absent for the event or Rejecting the offer and I was forced to choose the latter as both would mean that I will not get my desired seat. I was helpless. To my great sorrow, I was informed elsewhere that lack of production of T.C in original is not a valid reason to reject a qualified candidate’s claim on the seat that he deserves. He may be provisionally admitted giving a certain time to produce the document. Even now I cannot believe that the effort that I have put for almost one year could go in vain like this when there are ways to handle such cases in a more responsible manner without compromising the whole purpose of competitive examinations to put the right candidate on the right seat and the vision of educational institutions to spread knowledge to those who deserve.

Under these circumstances I humbly request you to look into the matter and the seat which was rightfully mine may please be restored to me. Soliciting a favorable reply,


Yours faithfully,

Sreeram R Warrier.


----------------------------------------------------------------


These are the several emails that I had sent to the VC, Anna University. Please read from the first email at the bottom, in the order of date and time.
----------------------------------------------
Respected sir,

I am inviting your kind attention into my case again.

As per the Lecturer whom I had met at the Enquiry desk, I attended the re-counseling (Phase - of the TANCET 2010 counseling) on 26-8-2010. I am pleased to say that I have completed the entire counseling formalities. My certificates were verified for its authenticity and everything was as per expectation. But in the end, I had to walk away with nothing.

On the particular day, I reported at the Front Desk by around 7.15 am. Though no seats were available in OC category, they allowed me to enter the counseling, if ‘I really wanted to’. But since they had made this decision after 7.30 am, I had to join the next batch that starts by 9.00 am (Please see the ‘LATE’ mark written on the attached file certs_verfd.jpg). They said they were helpless as the system is designed that way. (Humans who designed a piece of code becoming helpless in front of it, whenever there is a conflict in its behavior and human commonsense, is surely a case of Slave becoming the Master!!)


Coming back to the case,
I was thinking, if a little consideration had been given during the initial counseling – just like they did during the re-counseling phase by permitting me, a candidate who had rejected his seat out of frustration-, my dreams would have come true. I could have submitted my TC during the re-counseling. It would have been a win-win situation for both the sides.

All these clearly show that there needs to be a change in the process.

I am still waiting for your reply,

Yours faithfully,

Sreeram R Warrier
Sr. Software Design Engineer
Media Subsystem
Visteon Technical And Services Centre

________________________________________
From: Sreeram, Warrier (W.R.)
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:47 PM
To: 'pmj@mitindia.edu'; 'vc@annauniv.edu'; 'director_admissions@annauniv.edu'; 'nehemiah@annauniv.edu'; 'prpaul@annauniv.edu'; 'rhymend@annauniv.edu'; 'munusekar@annauniv.edu'; 'pkaliraj@annauniv.edu'; 'mddevadas@annauniv.edu'; 'hodece@annauniv.edu'; 'gmsk@annauniv.edu'; 'tanca2010@annauniv.edu'; 'registrar@annauniv.edu'; 'coe@annauniv.edu'
Subject: FW: Tancet2010

Respected sir,

I came to Anna University on 24-8-2010 at 3.00 pm to meet the Vice Chancellor regarding my concerns on the way Tancet 2010 counseling went.
I was told by the lady sitting outside the VC’s desk that I should be meeting the Director of Admissions for matters like these. It was a constructive direction that I received from her.

I went to the building where the counseling is being held and was re-directed to the enquiry desk by the security.
I talked with the personal over there (A lecturer at Anna University, who is supposed to guide students) and she was really adamant in her opinion that I cannot meet the Director of Admissions.

Upon mentioning the normal practice of allowing the candidate to attend the counseling on agreement that he will produce the T.C later, I got the reply that Anna University has its own rules and I should not be dictating its rules.

She offered me the option of appearing for the re-counseling on 26th of this month. I told that I do not really have to choose any seat for the sake of obtaining a PG Degree in some discipline (I have come in terms with my personal loss), but my motive here is to bring this to the Director’s notice and avoid such mishaps in the future. I was faced with an abrupt ‘No’.

I told her that I have enquired with many academicians and educational consultants regarding this and everyone had the same opinion as mine. But she did not move an inch and told me that I am wasting her precious time. (It was funny to hear that as I had come all the way to the University extracting time from my business hours which needs to be compensated by working late in the office)

Finally, I told her that if I am getting blocked like these without getting any positive directions to the cause, I am left with no other choices than going legally.

From then onwards, the entire talk was fully ‘destructive’ and her advice to me was to ‘go to the court’.

At this point, I am really sad to say that, rather than helping a candidate in fulfilling his dreams, Anna University has chosen the wrong path of shutting down the door in front of him. Now the University is obstructing him from doing something good for the society.

What will be the fate of India if educated people are behaving so narrow mindedly towards a noble cause?

This letter is to bring to your kind notice the way things are handled at the entrance of Anna University, which it claims to be one of the prestigious educational institutions in India.


Expecting a positive response,


Yours faithfully,

Sreeram R Warrier
Sr.Software Design Engineer
Media Subsystem
Visteon Technical And Services Centre

________________________________________
From: Sreeram, Warrier (W.R.)
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 4:13 PM
To: 'pmj@mitindia.edu'
Cc: 'director_admissions@annauniv.edu'; 'nehemiah@annauniv.edu'; 'prpaul@annauniv.edu'; 'rhymend@annauniv.edu'; 'munusekar@annauniv.edu'; 'pkaliraj@annauniv.edu'; 'mddevadas@annauniv.edu'; 'hodece@annauniv.edu'; 'gmsk@annauniv.edu'; 'tanca2010@annauniv.edu'; 'tv_g@gmail.com'
Subject: Tancet2010

Respected Sir,

My name is Sreeram R. Warrier and I am working with Visteon Corporation, an MNC in automotive domain. I had written the TANCET 2010 and secured a rank of 27. Still I was not allowed to attend the counseling as I did not have the Transfer Certificate with me. This letter is to bring to your notice the injustice that has happened to me, to look into the case at a higher level so that such incidents are not repeated in the future and if possible to bring justice to my efforts.

(Sorry for sending the e-mail again)

Yours faithfully,

Sreeram R Warrier
Sr.Software Design Engineer
Media Subsystem
Visteon Technical And Services Centre

--------------------------------------------------------------


I never got any reply from the person who adores the respectable seat of The VC, Anna University. I never got any reply from any of those people mentioned in the CC .


Only I know the effort that I had spend to reach this high amongst 50,000+ aspiring students in the exam. That too after being away for this many years from my academics, that too compromising on the quality time that I could have spent with my fiancee, friends and my family back in Kerala.


I seriously think that injustice had happend.


I seriously and sincerely wanted them to read my plea and reply with atleast a word of consolation.


Nothing more..., just a reply saying, I did well....


I got the reply now, from God....

Signed: Sreeram R Warrier :-/

















3 comments:

ചെലക്കാണ്ട് പോടാ said...

നീയും നിന്റെ യൂണിവേഴ്സിറ്റിയും മുടിഞ്ഞോണ്ട് പോട്ടെന്നാവും ല്ലേ പ്രാകിയേ...

കൊള്ളാം ഇജ്ജ് പുലിയാര്‍ന്നല്ലേ

Sreeram R Warrier said...

Ethandu angine thanne anennanu ente orma... ;)

iam red said...

warriere njanipolla ariyunne thankalkoru blogundennu, kollamedo