Thursday, April 21, 2005

Happy Birthday to me.....

Yea....21/4/1980
Its something which will be remembered, which will be marked for the most dramatic event ever happend in the history of mankind(after 25th december ofcourse!)
Y am I saying like this???
Hey,if not me then who else will say this?? C'mon, show some commonsense dude!:(
And today??? 21/4/2005..my birthday! ;)
And 2005-1980=25.....;)
Fortunately this time it happend to be on Milad-e-Sherif,the holyday for Muslims, so more excitement than if it wud hav been on a working day!Atleast I dint had to see his face today!

Recently I realized this fact! There is too much confusion related to my b'day. Actually, its supposed to be on Sreeramajayanthi according to the
calendar that we malayalees follow. Now I learnt that there is something else called Sreeramanavami which the NorthIndians celebrate as the b'day of Sreerama-Wondering, whether he took his avatar on two occasions!!-This year it was on 18th of this month.

(Edited now: After researching on my B'day for years, I found out that both Sreeramajayanthi and Sreeramanavami refers to the same date! So, no confusion at least on His Avatar happening on two occasions...Ok, continue reading..)

Got lots of greetings-sadly no
gifts,it needs to spend money-yea no wonder!-, best wishes, warm smiles, hugs-not a single one from the opposite gender, sigh!- and i dont remember wat all! But all the while I was wondering, why my parnets dint call me to express their love affection etc etc for their only son-I remember they had rang my sis at hyd on her last birthday and talked all sort of nonsense for about 1hr!Now they dint seem to remember me at all!Strange,and those fools say parents are harsh on their daughters!How weird!!-And finally, by about 8 in the night they called me.Talked to me as if they were completely unaware of the situation and I had to point it out to them like, "Hey mom,oh dad, I have this good news for u...today is my birthday!!!".Then there was a pause.I was waiting for their response and they kinda frozen...except for some whisperings. And then came the voice saying "U fool, its not today,its on may 13th, the Sreeramajayanthi and today is Sreeramanavami". Thought it came like a relief, the next day, I had to tell my friends that my b'day is on Sreeramajayanthi the coming May13th. I had to describe the entire conversation that took place between me and my parents to force them believe it.And once this happend, pooof! All those smiling faces, warm wishes everything vanished! Now only laughing faces!!
Next is today-21st of april, my b'day according to roman calendar,my birth certificate,my sslc book. Again the same old story- Got lot of greetings-sadly no gifts,it needs to spend money-yea no wonder!-, best wishes, warm smiles, hugs-not a single one from the opposite gender, sigh!- and i dont remember wat all!- But this time i was smart enuff to tell'em in a more definite convincing way that they will have to wait till may 13th, the Sreeramajayanthi- I checked this with my parents-yes i am sure-well,almost-c'mon yar,believe me....this time I am positive!!-

signed:Sreeram R.Warrier (kaliyuga fame!)

(Edited again)
Mystery unraveled.
Lets zoom in to the past.
It is Thretha yuga.
It is the Navami tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Chaithra.
(9th day in the increasing phase of the moon in the lunar month of Chaithra)
The nakshathra or star was Punarvasu.
And that is when Lord Ram was born, as per the Hindu Calendar. 

Now lets Zoom in to some 40+ years back in time.
It is Kali yuga,
It is 21st April, 1980.
It is Punartham Star on that day of the month of Medam, as per the Malayalam Calendar (Kollavarsham or Malayalam Era)
And that is when the Kaliyuga fame was born.

Call it coincidence (I prefer calling it SuperNatural), it also happened to be the Navami tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Chaithra as per the Hindu Calendar.

And due to the very same reason, my parents never had any confusion/arguments/fights/war in finding a name for me.

Malayalam Calendar and Hindu Calendar are not the same. They overlap, but they don't coincide.
As time passes, in some year they coincide totally (as in 1980!)

Now, this is the funny part.

Whenever they coincide, I will have only 2 birthdays.
And whenever they only overlap...;Well, I will have 3 holidays!! 

;-)



 



2 comments:

Sujoo said...

Hail Lord Rama...errr.. Master :p. How was ur bday Sree....rama and that too..Kalyug fame. God only know..why am meeting modern Ramas and modern Krishnas. lolz

Cheerios

MadV said...

I dont understand why everyone celebrates one's birthday. We should mourn instead. "Poor earth.. it has been suffering me for so and so years."