Friday, February 20, 2009

That is how it happened (Part:1)

09-1-2009 Friday morning.
My office in Chennai.

I had just reached my seat.

A sigh of relief came out from me and I thanked God Almighty for keeping it exactly where I had left it last night.

And I could hear similar sighs from adjacent cubicles.

Yea, nobody knows when they will take away your seat!!



"So they still need me!", I thought as my heart rate started dropping to its weekend value.

"Ollrite...,Cool.....,So lets do it!", I switched on my PC and let the mouse pointer look for outlook express. They kind of like each other.

"A good day in office begins with good e-mails. They are as refreshing as morning coffee", I thought and
this philosophy is shared by all of my friends.

I opened my outlook and mails started popping up. As usual they were in plenty.

"They never lets me down!",
most of them were from my RIT and CDAC buddies.


And as the dedicated employee in me was going through each and every e-mails carefully, this one hit my eyes.

“Request for Sreeram to US”

“What u mean, To us???” Raised eye bro!

I read it again.

“Request for Sreeram to US”

“To US?? You mean, to The US.., United States of America???”

Eyes popped out.

Come on dude, this is early morning and you are not supposed to send prank e-mails like these.

I looked around. All were looking busy. Ok, that’s normal.
I checked the date. 3 more months to April. Safe.
I pinched myself. Ouch!
Finally, I checked the authenticity of the sender and the email itself and…., and…..,

The shocking realization! Looks original, baby!!!!

I know that the project is totally messed up and it is the recovery plan of the recovery plan that is going on but.....,

"Is he mad??"


I went to confirm this with my manager and she seemed to be in a bigger shock. I imagined a chain of shocks passing from me to my manager to her superior etc… that was funny!

“They want to absorb me to their location”, I told my friends.

“They want to move him from here so that others can work unhindered”, my friends had a different version.

Watever it was, the fact was that I am gona fly.

And that is how it happened.



Signed: Sreeram R.Warrier ;)

No comments: