Saturday, February 21, 2009

This is how it happend: Part 2.

3-2-09 Monday night 9.00 pm

Apartment, Chennai.


Packing ,dinner and even dressing up to the occasion (and I am telling you, this is the important stuff!) were over.

I had to catch the flight at 2:30 in the morning.

Since global economy had gone for a trip to Mariana trench, I borrowed my roomie’s (BinuRC) big bag to carry my stuffs. I also borrowed his winter coat, his gloves, his cap, his thermal wear and almost everything which he had purchased for himself when he was abroad.

"See man, how deep our friendship is. Foreigners should learn from us", I said this to console him although he paid no attention.


All bbye stuffs were over, all do’s-n-don’ts instructions from my mother were over and even the waiting for the cab.

"Bbye mates, I will be missing u all…..".

Binu even hugged me and wished me a safe return. I was taking away his stuffs with me!



2-2-09 Monday night. 11.00 pm


Chennai airport.


It was a good feeling when all the cars around me turned to the domestic flights terminal and we headed towards the international. I had managed to drag Binu along with me to the airport. He was experienced, so I let him do everything for me. He brought the trolley, he loaded it with my luggage, he pushed it to the terminal gate and then we waited.

Binu was looking a little tensed.


“What man, why r u looking tensed?”, I asked.

“I was praying for your good”, and that was his reply.

"He started missing me already??", I was in confusion.


“I was praying that ur adjacent seats shall all be occupied by men”, he whispered in the same tensed tone.

“And the air hostesses are all old and…”, and before he could pray for more, I had to divert his attention to a foreigner standing nearby.

He got busy until my flight was announced!



Signed: Sreeram R.Warrier ;)

1 comment:

Shalini ♫♫ said...

So , were those prayers listened or just went in vain? ;-)